To ensure that your doors remain in the best possible condition for many years to come, it must be regularly maintained. This should be at least once a year, but for doors that are subject to heavy use then either 3 month, 4 month or 6 month service intervals should be considered.
Our door maintenance contracts range from a single door, e.g. into a medical centre, to multi-door sites, e.g. shopping centres. These contracts are individually tailored by one of our sales team, typically during a site visit.
A Standard Inspection includes minor repairs on surface fittings whilst a Full Inspection includes minor repairs on both surface and concealed fittings.
During a typical maintenance and inspection visit, the following work is carried out:
- All Manual door components are visually inspected for wear and damage, including
- Door leaves and frame
- Hinges, locks and door furniture
- Closures, arms and pivots
- Tracks and sliding gear
- Any door seals
- The operation of the Automatic door is tested, including:
- Test the activation
- Test any controlled entry equipment
- Test any safety features
- Check all electrical connections and battery backup
- Check the drive mechanism and motor
- Switch the operation to emergency manual
- Lubrication of all moving parts, as necessary
We will also report how your door meets current legislation, in particular the DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) and BS 7036.
On completion of the maintenance and inspection visit a report is sent out detailing any remedial work which is required to ensure correct door operation.